Friday, September 12, 2008

The Rock



Another Chickasaw Story: When I was at the playground with the boys, Mark started to pick up a large rock. I told him "no" and said to just leave it there. Later in the day, I was sitting on the front porch of my cabin watching some of the kids play in the grass. Every now and then, a parent would walk down to the playground where some other kids were playing. Mark was keeping a post right by the little road, facing me with his hands on his hips. Each grownup asked him if he wanted to go to the playground as he or she passed by him. Each time, he would pout and refuse to answer.

After the second grownup went to the playground without him, he crossed his arms and hollered, "I'm going to the playground but I don't want anyone to ask me!!!" Then he stomped down the road to the playground.

Not 2 minutes later, he is stomping back toward me, carrying the huge rock that I had told him to leave. So that's why he wanted to go without a grownup. Crazy kid!

He posed with the rock, then later he got to paint the rock when we did crafts with the kids. We even brought that rock home. I hope it isn't illegal to remove a large rock from a state park. ;D

1 comment:

Tasha (28) said...

That is a great story! Love him!!!!