Sunday, September 14, 2008

Random Musings of the Day--

What was I thinking? I am now the secretary of my women's circle, the historian for the whole women's unit of my church, the historian for the PTA at Henry's school, and Room Mom for Henry's class.

The funny part of all that is--the more I have to do, the more I get done. It seems like I've always gotten way more accomplished when I've had a time crunch of some sort. So I guess it's good that I overcommit. Maybe.

Also, I am finally feeling some SWEET RELIEF from the horrendous pain I've had in my neck and shoulders for an entire week. At its best, the pain was just an achiness in one side of my shoulder/neck--like a crick from sleeping on it wrong. At its worst, the pain was throughout my entire upper back into my shoulders and neck then radiating up into my head and making one eye throb. OUCH. It was at its worst this morning during church but I powered through it. We ALL know that moms don't get a break even if they are in debilitating pain. After a week of Advil (which worked okay), Excedrin (which took longer but worked even better), and aspirin (which did NOTHING), I am finally feeling pretty much okay. Let's pray that the pain stays away.

Henry's fundraiser is driving me batty. He is all excited about selling to everyone we know. Two lovely people, his Sunday school teachers, placed orders this morning. BUT--they didn't give him any money. So far, about half the people who have written down orders haven't paid me. Why exactly do they think it is called a FUND-raiser? I can tell you one thing. We do NOT have the money to float it for them until the items arrive. So now I get to be a dang collector. PITB.

I am trying REALLY hard to cook all meals until Glen gets paid next Friday. We really need to stop spending money we don't have. However, today I asked Glen to pick up a pizza on his way home from church with the boys because I was in too much pain to fix lunch. Ugh.

I'm going to see Tyler Perry's "The Family that Preys" in a little while. It looks so good! Kathy Bates plays such an excellent "bad guy". I'll let you know how it is.

Later!

No comments: